Empire workforce Solution is looking for HR Admin support for one of our clients in Hayward. As an entry level position, training will be provided to acquire the skills necessary to grow within the maintenance team. The main responsibilities are keeping all file updated, setting up interviews with candidates screened by HR Director, data entry, maintain employees’ files updated, scanning files, reviewing and completing forms.
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Shift: 7:00 – 3:30 pm
- Start pay: $20 – $22
- Temp to hire position.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
File Setup – converting from paper files to electronic files
- Scan employee records and create electronic files for all employees – active and terminated.
- Complete wage information for worker’s compensation claims and benefit audits.
- Complete employment verifications
- Generate ad hoc reports in Paylocity
- Scan employee files (loans, vaccination forms, etc.) to specific folders on secure drive
- Complete unemployment forms with data provided.
- New hires: create new folders and scan information into files
- I-9s: Using list of active employees, review I-9 binder and remove all terminated I-9s to termination folder.
- Maintain PTO forms in Paylocity Time and Labor
- Assist in benefit open enrollment process as needed
- Set up interviews with candidates screened by HR Director and /or HR Generalist
- Will provide back-up coverage to the front desk for meal and rest breaks and as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, especially excel
- Perfectionist tendencies – work must be accurate
- Can act independently once project is understood
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data
- Hands on experience with office equipment (printer, scanner) and renaming files
- Experience working in a HR department helpful but not required.