We are hiring for a Packout Shipping Expeditor in the City of Santa Fe Springs. The role provides leadership, direction and motivation to the team to successfully and effectively accomplish operational goals and ensure optimum performance.
Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm, may have OT depending on business needs.
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments.
- Prepares and coordinates work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Coordinates shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules.
- Works with Operations manager to arrange transportation that optimizes service and cost.
- Directs movement of shipments to appropriate work areas.
- Ensures shipping areas are always organized and clean, meeting all compliance factors.
- Compiles and maintains applicable metrics as required.
- Verifies shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or shipped.
- Records amounts of materials or items distributed via appropriate computer programs.
- Ensures the inputs of data into shipping schedule.
- Trains personnel to achieve department objectives in quality and productivity.
- Works with Operations manager to develop, implement, and maintain effective processes.
- Performs root cause analysis on shipping errors and leads efforts to improve quality.
- Conducts meetings with assigned staff to communicate company policy, process changes, workloads, safety topics.
- Maintains acceptable production and quality levels to ensure the performance metrics of the business are met.
- Participates in scheduled reviews of appropriate personnel. Documents corrective action.
- Uses software to track, check, prioritize and route orders.
- Ensures accurate loading of goods into trailers and containers.
- Participates in end of month inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary, as determined by Operations Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 2 years of successful shipping experience in a manufacturing environment, a warehouse/shipping department, and/or working in operations.
- Clear and concise communicator.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical, reporting and computer skills.
- Ability to proactively demonstrate sound judgement and safety management practices.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task efficiently under pressure.
- Flexible, dependable, able to follow directions and possess a positive attitude.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service internally and externally.
- Ability to handle confidential information and records.
- Working knowledge of RF processes uses RF scanning equipment.
- Dangerous goods shipments & hazardous shipment training a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and ability to coach and mentor a team.
- Strong math skills in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.